I wish people didn't come up with a new name for a knot just because it gets more wraps or goes through the hook eye more times. Here a some example of knots that have been on knot wars over the years.
- The improved reverse clinch is a double eye reverse clinch. I actually submitted this knot and now which I had called it a double eye reverse clinch instead of improved (but the main knot ie. the reverse clinch stays the same either way).
- The berkley braid (2010 winner) is a double line clinch knot with 8 wraps.
- The porter knot (2010, episode 2 AND 2013 episode 2) is the same as
the berkley braid with only 5 wraps instead of 8. It lost in episode 2
due to slipping with braid, so just goes to show the extra 3 wraps are
- The eye crosser (2008 episode 5) is a double eye 2 wrap uni knot (2008 episode 4).
- The fish n fool (2009 episode 5) is a double eye 5 wrap uni knot, ie: an enhanced eye crosser.
- The burke knot (2010 episode 5) is a double line 5 wrap uni knot
- The trilene (2012 episode 6) is a double eye clinch
- The triple loop (2010 episode 3) is a triple eye clinch
- The colby (2011 episode 5) is a double line 4 wrap reverse clinch. Note there is a popular youtube video of Shawn Grigsby tying what
he says is the strongest knot for fluoro, but he doesn't know the name
of the knot. It's this knot with only 3 wraps (so not as strong), and
the colby lost in 2011 episode 5 to the eventual champ (the homer